Periodontal Treatment In Central TX
Request An Appointment
When It Is Time To Seek Periodontal Treatment
If you experience bleeding or loose teeth, it is time to seek periodontal treatment. Unfortunately, many times these diseases are not apparent until they have advanced too far. For this reason we highly recommend that you schedule regular dental exams and consult with our dentists when any symptoms arise.
If you are having difficulty with bad breath, receding gums, or gum pain while eating and brushing your teeth in Texas – then it is time to take action. Our periodontists have different treatments available that can help reduce plaque buildup and infection. Do not wait until the issue becomes worse before seeing a professional – schedule an appointment as soon as possible for optimal results. Get back on track towards total oral health by booking with ACE Dental’s finest periodontal specialists today.
Questions About Periodontal Treatment?
Periodontal Disease – Maintenance
Within a single day, plaque can easily turn into tartar if not removed from your teeth. Although daily home hygiene can help manage plaque formation, those hard-to-reach spots require special attention. With regular visits to the dentist and proper oral care at home, you will have strong healthy teeth for years to come.
Following your periodontal treatment, it is essential that you have regular maintenance cleanings. Usually these would be four times a year and should include pocket depths being checked to make sure they are healthy. Plaque and calculus which can prove harder to remove on the daily will also be removed from above and below the gum line at these appointments – leaving your mouth feeling fresh.
In addition to your periodontal cleaning and examination, you can expect the following during your appointment:
- Diagnostic X-rays are essential for proper detection of decay, tumors, cysts and bone loss. Additionally, radiographs allow us to accurately determine the positioning of teeth and roots in order to provide optimal care.
- Carefully inspecting current restorations is essential in order to assess the condition of any existing fillings, crowns, and more.
- Thoroughly inspect all tooth surfaces for signs of cavity development.
- Identify potential oral cancer, be sure to carefully examine the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat tissues and gums for any abnormalities. Through vigilant screening of these areas we can successfully detect signs of this disease early on.
- To ensure optimal oral health, it is highly recommended to review and advise on useful oral hygiene aids such as electric toothbrushes, periodontal brushes with fluoride rinses.
- Teeth polishing guarantees you an immaculate smile, removing any plaque and discoloration that brushing and scaling fail to remove.
It is critical to frequently practice good oral hygiene habits and attend regular periodontal cleanings in order to maintain your dental health and thwart the progression of periodontal disease.
Types Of Periodontal Treatment
ACE Dental provides a wide range of periodontal treatment options to meet every need, such as:
Scaling And Root Planing
Our dentist utilizes a laser to delicately remove plaque and tartar above and below your gum line while performing scaling and root planing. This procedure smoothens the tooth roots, which accelerates the reattaching of your gums to them.
If you have a severe gum condition that calls for extra treatment than simple scaling and root planing, we may suggest antibiotic therapy. Different kinds of antibiotics are accessible; oral rinses, prescription drugs, as well as implantable beads might be recommended.
If you suffer from receding gums due to periodontitis, specialists at our dental office may suggest a gum graft as treatment. This procedure involves the removal of healthy tissue from the roof of your mouth and stitching it over an area with missing gum line.
If left unattended, gum disease might spread out to the jawbone and lead to bone loss. To recover from this destructive condition, our dentist may suggest a bone graft procedure that includes incorporating either man-made or organic material in order to strengthen your jawbone’s structure.
Real Patient Reviews
See what our happy patients say about us