Digital X-Rays in Central TX
Request An Appointment
Importance of Dental X-Rays
Digital and traditional dental x-rays are essential pieces of preventive oral care, providing a total view of your teeth, jaws, and facial bones. X-rays help dentists find issues that aren’t noticeable during regular exams so they can diagnose problems quickly. Our dentists at ACE Dental use dental x-ray to look for the following:
- Decay occurring between teeth is a common dental issue.
- Cavities in dental fillings.
- Deterioration of bone structure within the jawbones.
- Infections can cause major alterations in the composition of a tooth’s bone structure.
- The state of the jawbone anatomy beneath a missing tooth’s socket.
- An accumulation of pus between the gums and teeth can lead to a dental abscess.
- Growths such as cysts and tumors can develop in the oral cavity.
- Restore your smile with the innovative dental implant and brace solutions available.
- Identifying when wisdom teeth are erupting.
- Teeth affected by trauma or decay.
Questions About Digital X-Rays?
Types of Dental X-Rays
Bitewing x-rays are a special dental x-ray used to accurately assess different areas of your mouth. Your dentist may take multiple bitewings to display both the upper and lower teeth, as well as their entire root structure for decay detection purposes. This imaging is perfect for identifying any cavities or other issues with your oral health.
A dental x-ray known as a single tooth radiograph gives you an in-depth look at one tooth, including its crown, root canal, and even what lies under the gum line. This type of radiological examination allows dentists to examine minute changes around each individual tooth for diagnosis and treatment purposes.
Full Mouth X-Rays:
A comprehensive dental evaluation is accomplished through a series of x-rays that combines bitewing and periapical images. This gives the doctor an overall view of your oral structure should they suspect cysts, tumors, or need to perform extractions or gum disease treatment.
With this single, comprehensive x-ray photo of your mouth from end to end, it allows the dentist to thoroughly pinpoint all your teeth in order to diagnose potential issues such as impacted teeth.
Panoramic x-rays are just like bitewing images, but they capture a larger picture of your upper or lower jaws. These types of x-ray scans help dentists identify teeth that haven’t yet pierced through the gums in children so they can better track their development.
Real Patient Reviews
See what our happy patients say about us
4.9 Avg Rating
805 Total Reviews
Review from W.B.
Review from K.S.
Review from K.G.
Review from W.B.
Maximize your protection with insurance coverage for radiographs!
We are proud to offer various financing options including low-interest payment plans in order to help families pay for any portion of their cost of care not provided by their plan.
Contact Us Today
Digital X-Rays allow our dentist to instantly see your high quality images! Schedule your appointment today.