3D Oral Imaging in Central TX
Request An Appointment
At ACE Dental, an advanced Texas dental clinic, we strive to offer the best care for our patients. That’s why we utilize the latest cutting-edge technologies and procedures to accurately diagnose and treat any dental issue. To learn more about cone beam CT scanning at ACE Dental of Texas – a modern take on dentistry – simply keep reading!
What is 3D Imaging, aka Cone Beam CT Scanning
Unlike traditional x-rays, 3D imaging creates detailed 2D and 3D scans of not only your bones and teeth but also soft tissues. Moreover, because the image is created digitally on a computer screen, dentists can zoom in or rotate it to different angles for any issue area to detect even miniscule issues with your mouth’s structures – be they related to gums, airways or otherwise!
Questions About 3D Oral Imaging?
Benefits of 3D Imaging
- Compared to conventional x-rays, 3D imaging offers unparalleled image clarity.
- Unlike conventional x-rays, where dentists need to take multiple scans from different angles for a full image, Cone Beam CT Scanning provides the dental professional with an entire picture of your teeth in only one scan! Saving time and providing superior accuracy.
- The dentist has the capability to manipulate and explore an image in its entirety, zooming or rotating as desired for a more comprehensive overview.
- By employing 3D imaging, dentists can create the ideal treatments with unparalleled precision compared to traditional x-rays.
- With 3D imaging technology, dentists can not only perform root canals and orthodontics but also make diagnoses for sleep apnea treatments, oral surgery procedures, and a range of other dental needs.
- The process is pain-free and does not involve any discomfort.
- It can construct a vivid picture of the underlying bone structure and delicate tissues.
- CT imaging has no lasting radiation left in the patient’s body, thus eliminating any health risks associated with exposure.
- Absolutely no adverse side effects or complications have been reported.
Procedure of 3D Imaging
Dental x-rays, such as bitewing radiographs, require that you bite down on a sensor. 3D imaging does not necessitate doing so but may involve biting onto a disposable tab to guarantee accuracy in alignment; this is strictly for positioning and has no sensory purpose. During the scan, your dentist will ensure your face is centered correctly by using various tools like braces or straps; they may also station a team member beside you to make sure your head remains still throughout the procedure.
Real Patient Reviews
See what our happy patients say about us
4.9 Avg Rating
805 Total Reviews
Review from W.B.
Review from K.S.
Review from K.G.
Review from W.B.
What Transpires Following the 3D Imaging Procedure?
By visiting our premier Texas dental practice, you can experience firsthand how 3D oral scanning technology offers a more thorough assessment than the standard x-ray. This cutting edge procedure is sure to give us all of the information we need for your examination and treatment!
Insurance Coverage for Dental Imaging
Contact Our Dental Office Today
Are you in search of a dental clinic that is both efficient and modern? Look no further than ACE Dental! Our Texas based practice uses the most advanced technologies to ensure optimal oral health. From intraoral cameras and digital x-rays to cone beam CT scans, our diagnostic equipment allows us to identify potential issues before they arise. Scheduling an appointment with us is easy – just give us a call today for more information!