Dental Implant Success Rates: What You Need to Know
So, what exactly are dental implant success rates, and how do they compare to other tooth replacement options? In this article, we’ll explore the answers to these questions and more.
Request An Appointment
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants can be a great option for people who have lost one or more teeth due to injury, decay, or other reasons. Unlike dentures or bridges, which sit on top of your gums, dental implants are anchored into your jawbone, making them a more permanent and natural-looking solution.
Schedule An Appointment
What Are Dental Implant Success Rates?
According to the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS), the success rate of dental implants is around 95%. However, this number can vary based on a variety of factors, including the location of the implant, the quality of the patient’s jawbone, and the skill of the dentist or oral surgeon performing the procedure.
For example, implants placed in the front of the mouth tend to have a higher success rate than those placed in the back, where the jawbone is denser and there is less room for error. Additionally, patients with strong, healthy jawbones are more likely to have successful implant outcomes than those with weaker or thinner bone.
Overall, though, dental implants are considered to be one of the most successful and reliable tooth replacement options available today.
How Do Dental Implant Success Rates Compare to Other Tooth Replacement Options?
- Dentures, for example, can cause a variety of issues over time, including slipping, discomfort, and difficulty eating certain foods. Additionally, dentures tend to wear down and need to be replaced more frequently than implants.
- Bridges, on the other hand, require the support of neighboring teeth, which can lead to damage or decay over time. They also don’t provide the same level of stability and durability as implants.
Of course, the best tooth replacement option for you will depend on your individual needs and preferences. But in terms of long-term success and patient satisfaction, dental implants tend to come out on top.
Real Patient Reviews
See what our happy patients say about us
4.9 Avg Rating
805 Total Reviews
Review from W.B.
Review from K.S.
Review from K.G.
Review from W.B.
Factors That Can Affect Dental Implant Success Rates
- Smoking: Smoking can interfere with the healing process and increase the risk of implant failure.
- Gum disease: Patients with gum disease are more likely to experience implant failure, as the infection can weaken the bone and tissue that support the implant.
- Jawbone density: Patients with weaker or thinner jawbones may not be good candidates for implants, as there may not be enough bone to support the implant.
- Age: While age isn’t necessarily a determining factor, older patients may be more likely to experience implant failure due to age-related bone loss or other health issues.
- Dental hygiene: Good dental hygiene is important both before and after the implant procedure, as poor oral hygiene can increase the risk of infection and implant failure.
- Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions, such as diabetes or autoimmune disorders, can also affect the success rate of dental implants. Patients with these conditions should work closely with their dentist or oral surgeon to determine if implants are a good option for them.
- Implant placement: The skill and experience of the dentist or oral surgeon performing the procedure can also impact the success rate of dental implants. It’s important to choose a provider who is experienced in implant placement and has a track record of successful outcomes.
- Proper aftercare: Proper aftercare is essential for the success of dental implants. Patients should follow their dentist’s instructions for cleaning and caring for the implant site, and attend regular follow-up appointments to monitor the implant’s progress.
If you’re considering dental implants, it’s important to do your research and choose a provider who is experienced and skilled in implant placement. At Ace Dental of Texas, we are committed to offering the necessary care and maintenance for long-lasting and visually appealing dental implants. Contact us at (833) 777 – 7ACE to schedule an appointment and explore the benefits of dental implants.